I have been aware of a certain hazard that may arise from the event, and understand that both Decathlon and I shall fulfill its own obligations to secure the safety of the event and make each participant have wonderful experiences during the event. Therefore, I’ve read carefully and agreed this General Terms and Conditions of Event before participating the event:
I will follow the instruction and guidance of Decathlon’s staff or the coach engaged by Decathlon during the event, and equip the personal safety equipment necessary for the event.
I will immediately inform Decathlon and stop participating the event, and agree that Decathlon may also request me to drop out of the event if I:
1. participate in activities when taking drugs (medicines for cold, sedative category, anti-allergy and heart disease, etc.) or after getting alcoholic drinks,
2. am physical discomfort, tired or in bad spirit before participating in the activities, or
3. participate in the activities within one hour after a meal.
I hereby grant Decathlon and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Decathlon”) a 5 years free right to use, retain, publish and distribute my photos and videos (hereinafter referred to as “Images”) took during this event from the date this Letter of Commitment is signed. Decathlon has the right to use the Images and any revised version of Images. I hereby agree that Decathlon may, after modifying or redefining the Images, use the Images in any kinds of activities Decathlon decides to hold worldwide (Especially in a small business event or print out and publish).
The services available on the Website are provided by Decathlon (Taiwan) Sports Internet Sales Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the “Decathlon”) and its respective affiliates.
Please carefully read this Agreement before you register yourself as a user of the Website. By registering yourself as a user of the Website, you acknowledge that you have read, agreed with and accepted all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time. If we make any change to this Agreement, we will release a notice on such change in the webpage of the Website and the contents of this Agreement will automatically become effective immediately after such release. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service and if necessary, please ask to have your registered user name canceled.
II. USER REGISTRATION
1. Eligibility of Registration
The registered users of the Website must be the natural persons that have the capacity to enter into a legally binding contract under applicable laws. If you are below 18 years of age, you can only use the Website with the supervision of your parent or guardian. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not made available to the Website’s registered users whose registration eligibility is suspended temporarily or for an indefinite period. Please register yourself after carefully reading this Agreement and take good care of your account at the Website (hereinafter the “Website Account”). You cannot transfer or sell your Website Account to any other person. In addition, the Website reserves the right to, in its own discretion, suspend or terminate your Website Account.
2. Personal Information Collection, Processing and Use
2.1. For the purpose of normal transactions and providing you the benefits and service, you agree that Decathlon may, during the registration procedural and the period for you as a Decathlon Member, provide your true and effective personal information, and agree that Decathlon may, by using hardcopy, electronic media, fax or any proper way which suitable for the current technical level, collect, process and/or use the personal information you provided, which are including but not limited to your name, ID number, passport number, birthday, address, telephone number, E-mail address, and other information which is sufficient to identify your identity directly or indirectly.
2.2. Your Personal Information will be used in Taiwan and the areas which the affiliates or branches of Decathlon and/or the third parties who are authorized by Decathlon to collect, process and/or use personal information for the aforementioned purpose are located.
2.3. Only Decathlon (including its affiliates or branches) and/or the third parties who are authorized by Decathlon to collect, process and/or use personal information are entitled to collect, process and/or use your personal information.
2.4 User agrees to receive the emails, SMS and mails from Decathlon or its partner.
2.5. If you need to inquire, make duplications of, supplement, or correct your personal information, please send an application by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or login your Decathlon account on this website to modify.
2.6. You may, after your termination of the usage of Decathlon user account, send an application by E-mail to email@example.com requesting to cease our further collection, processing and use of your personal information, or delete the same. Decathlon may refuse your above request in case that such personal information is necessary for exercising its rights or performing its obligations in law and/or in contract.
2.7. You may, at your sole discretion, provide your personal information to Decathlon or not. Please note that Decathlon CAN NOT process your user registration without your necessary personal information and thus Decathlon will also not be able to provide you related services and benefits.
3. Account, Password and Security
Once you become a registered user, you will receive a password and an account. You shall be solely responsible for the loss of your account and password arising as a result of your failure to take good care of them. Furthermore, each registered user shall be fully responsible for all the activities and events performed through its account. You may at any time modify your password according to the prompt information or cancel the existing account and register a new account. If you find any unauthorized use of a registered user’s account or any security vulnerability, please immediately inform the Website.
III. User Benefits
You may enjoy the following benefits after registering to be a Decathlon User:
1 Purchase products or services on this Website or in Taiwan Decathlon Stores and earn the bonus points, every one NTD dollar spent earns one bonus point.
2 bonus points could be used to exchange:
2.1 Sporting lessons and/or events held by Decathlon Taiwan; or
2.2 The services provided by Decathlon Taiwan workshop department (for detailed information regarding specific services provided, please contact the workshop department personnel).
3 To inquire about your current bonus point status, please login your Decathlon account on Decathlon Taiwan official website to check.
4 The rules of points accumulation and the benefits of the users of other countries are not applicable to the user who applied the account on this website.
When buying goods or services on the Website, please pay attention to the following terms:
1. All of your operations on the Website shall meet the requirements of all applicable Chinese laws, regulations, ordinances and local laws.
2. The Website tries to show the true colors of products, but does not guarantee that the colors displayed on your computer will be accurate.
3. Prices and availability of goods and services are indicated on the Website. Each indicated price includes VAT (as per Taiwan’s standard tax rate). Freight and collection fee (which is incurred on payment upon delivery) will be separately settled, depending on the delivery means that you choose. Such information may be changed at any time without notice.
4. None of the prices, statements and advertisements on the Website constitutes any offer. No contractual relationship exists between you and the Website before the Website accepts your order. When discovering any significant error in or shortage of the goods or order displayed, the Website has the right to unilaterally revoke such information or terminate such transaction. The Website reserves the right to limit the quantities of goods ordered by every user. Such limitations may be specific for orders from the same account and the same delivery address. The Website reserves the right to limit or forbid orders which are judged by us as placed by distributors or wholesalers or those are judged by us as “malicious orders”.
5. The Website will email or call you informing you of any incident arising after confirming your order, e.g. price rise demanded by supplier, price change caused by tax amount change or by website error, etc, and you may determine whether or not to cancel your order.
6. Your placing any order on the Website means you take responsibility for the truth of all the information provided by you in your order. Placing an order means you agree to all the sales terms and conditions contained in the commodity description, provided that none of such terms and conditions breaches this Agreement or any law or regulation. You have the obligation to complete the transaction with the Website (excluding any transaction forbidden by law or this Agreement). If the order cannot be confirmed or delivered due to any error or incompleteness in the information provided by you, or if you refuse to complete any transaction with the Website without any due cause, the Website will reserve the right to refuse to deliver your order in question and any subsequent orders.
7. For quality of goods, if any national or industrial standards exist, such standards shall be followed; if no national or industrial such standards exist, the enterprise standards of manufacturers shall be followed; if no enterprise standards are available, the user shall consult with the Website to determine the standards. If the quality fails to meet applicable standards, the user may request replacement or return of the goods.
8. Refund policy: If you cancel your scheduled event from the platform 7 days before the scheduled event date, you can cancel this event in free and be refunded through the same payment method of this particular payment after you successfully cancelled this event and received our confirmation. However, if you cancel your scheduled event within 7 days of the scheduled event date, you would be charged a 100% price for this event. You also fully understand the refund amount maybe different from the original payment amount because of the exchange rate, service fee or the credit card or payment flow provider companies. If you need to cancel the scheduled event due to any force majeure, please contact Decathlon and provide relevant formal/written information to assist the following refund process.
V. CONTENT OF WEBSITE
1. Unless specifically indicated, the Website and all the content thereof, including text, pictures, logos, photos, videos, designs, etc, is owned, controlled or authorized by Decathlon.
2. The Website and the information on the Website are for personal, not commercial, purposes, and the content of the Website may be downloaded or copied by you for personal use only. None of the rights and interests in such content is transferred to you.
3. The Website may contain links to some websites which are out of the control of the Website and provided for the convenience of users. The Website takes no responsibility and makes no guarantee for links to such websites.
VI. MESSAGES, COMMENTS, AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS
1. Users are not allowed to post speeches with following content(s):
Those against the basic principles established by the constitution, incite, resist and undermine implementation of the Constitution and the laws, administrative rules and regulations; Those incite to subvert the state power, overthrow the socialist system, incite, split the country, undermine national unity; Those harm national honor and interests; Those incite ethnic hatred, ethnic discrimination, undermine national unity; Those contain racial, sexual, religious or regional discriminations; Those disorders the social orders by fabricating or twisting the truth or by spreading rumors; Those propagates the feudal superstition, cult, obscenity, pornography, gambling, violence, murder, terrorism and abetting crimes; Those insult other people in public or fabricate truth for slanders or with other malicious assaults; Those damage the reputation of government organizations; or other contents that violates the Constitution and other laws and regulations.
2. Users are forbidden to vilify, insult, or slander others on the Website or attack other users or websites.
3. Users are not allowed to publish any kind of commercial advertisement without prior consent of the Website.
4. The Website has the right to delete such messages and other messages and comments which are deemed by the Website as inappropriate.
5. All kinds of speeches made by Users of the Website should not be deemed from the standpoint of the Website, but only personal views of the actual poster.
VII. INCORRECT, INACCURATE OR MISSING INFORMATION
The Website’s information on descriptions of goods, prices, promotions and availability may occasionally be unintentionally incorrect, inaccurate or misleading. The Website reserves the right to correct such information at any time and change, update or cancel orders (including orders already placed by customers). In such cases, the Website will communicate with you by Email or phone to the best of the ability.
VIII. WEBSITE SECURITY
You agree that, without the express written consent of the Website, you will not for any purpose use any robot, spider, screen scraper software or any other means to automatically access the Website. In addition, you agree never to carry out the following operations:
1. Carry out any action that, at the sole discretion of the Website, causes or may cause unreasonable or unproportionate significant load on the Website;
2. Without the prior express written consent of the Website, any copying, reproducing, modifying, deriving, distributing or publicly displaying any content of the Website (excluding your personal information) will be regarded as an infringement;
3. Interfere or try to interfere with any normal work or activities of the Website;
4. Use on the Website any content that may be regarded as forbidden or may be forbidden;
5. Use any bad data on the Website, including the data that may result in damage, modification, deletion, adverse effect, secret interception, unauthorized contact, or use any virus, troy, worm, timed bomb, cancelbot, Easter egg, spy software or any other computer program that may request any system, data or personal information.
IX. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY STATEMENT
1. All contents and information including graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names, on the Website are the properties of the Website and protected by Chinese and International intellectual property laws.
No party is allowed to use, make copies or use for other purposes of the aforementioned contents and information without the Website’s permit. All other trademarks that appear on the Website are the property of their respective owners. No party is allowed to use such trademarks without written permit of the Website or the respective owner(s).
2. The Website is entitled to use or jointly use with other parties all the product using feedback, product discussions or pictures posted by Users on the Website. The area for using includes but is not limited to websites, electronic magazines, magazines, journals, etc. Any of the uses will be affixed with the author’s name. But articles with copyright notices will be excluded.
3. The Website respects the intellectual property of other parties. If you think the Website infringes on any of your intellectual property rights, please feel free to contact us.
X. SERVICE TERMINATION
1. Each registered user of the Website may at any time suspend use of one or multiple services depending on the actual situation. The Website may suspend the availability of any service at any time without bearing any liability to any individual or third party. If any registered user disagrees with any service term or has any objection to any amendment to terms or is dissatisfied with the services provided by the Website, this user has the right to:
• cease to use the Website services;
• inform the Website to discontinue the service in respect of this registered user.
Following termination of registered user services, the registered user’s right to use the Website services shall be terminated immediately. From then on, the registered user has no right to, nor does the Website have any obligation to, transmit any unprocessed information or uncompleted service to registered user or third party.
2. Decathlon is entitled to delete and disqualify the account of a registered user if he or she:
• violates the terms of registration;
• provides false personal data;
• does any act detrimental to the interests of the Website;
• contravenes applicable laws, regulations or rules governing use of the Internet;
• trades registered user account as a commodity, e.g. by means of sale, auction or otherwise;
• obtains registered user account by illicit means (such as stealing password, fraud, etc);
• Repeatedly or frequently use defamatory, insulting, slandering or other offensive words in reviews, messages or comments
• has no transaction in this Website or Decathlon Store for 3 consecutive years.
• Apply for deleting his/her own account and user information.
The personal information and transaction records will be deleted once the account of a registered user is disqualified, and the bonus points and other user benefit will become void as well.
X. LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
Unless otherwise specified in writing or required by ROC laws, Decathlon makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Website services, or the information, content, materials, products (including software) or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website. You expressly agree that your use of the Website is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Decathlon disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Decathlon does not warrant that the Website services, information, content, materials, products (including software) or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website, the Website's servers or electronic communications sent from the Website are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Unless otherwise specified in writing or required by ROC laws, Decathlon will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of any of the Website, or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website, or damages caused by purchasing or using the product, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
The conclusion, performance, interpretation of this Agreement and settlement of any dispute hereunder shall be governed by the law of the Republic of China. During the performance of this Agreement, any dispute arising between the Website and any registered user thereof shall be solved through friendly negotiation between them. If negotiation fails to solve the dispute, any party may submit it to the Taiwan International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission for arbitration in Shanghai according to the rules of CIETAC effective at that time. Any provision in this Agreement is an integral part hereof. If any provision herein is judged as invalid or unenforceable, this provision may be deleted without affecting the enforcement of any other provision herein. You agree that, after a merger or acquisition occurs, this Agreement and all the other agreements included herein may, at the sole discretion of the Website, be automatically transferred to a third party. All the captions herein are for reference only and do not in any way define, limit, interpret or describe the scope or extent under any caption.